Consultancy firms range from larger firms that offer end-to-end solutions to smaller or niche firms that offer specialist expertise, skills and industry knowledge.
Hord work activities
The day-to-day activities of management consultants are often complex and varied. Projects can vary in length depending on the type of consultancy, firm and the demands of the client. They can involve an individual or a large team and may be based in one location or across various sites including overseas. Typical tasks, particularly for new graduate recruits, involve:
- carrying out research and data collection to understand the organization;
- conducting analysis;
- interviewing client's employees, management team and other stakeholders;
- running focus groups and facilitating workshops;
- preparing business proposals/presentations.
- identifying issues and forming hypotheses and solutions;
- presenting findings and recommendations to clients.
- implementing recommendations/solutions and ensuring the client receives the necessary assistance to carry it all out;
- managing projects and programmers;
- leading and managing those within the team, including analysts;
- liaising with the client to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions.